Your Skokie dentists, Dr. Abraham Stein and Dr. Zachary Weiss, offer natural-looking dentures or partials that restore a beautiful, full smile. Let us help you gain back confidence to eat, drink, and speak through one of our full teeth replacement options.
If you have experienced significant tooth loss, regaining a complete, healthy-looking smile is possible through dentures. Dentures are a removable replacement option for multiple missing teeth. They are used to restore both the use and aesthetics of natural teeth. Dentures at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry are custom-made from impressions taken in our office to fit comfortably and look real. The fit of your dentures may be adjusted as needed by Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss to ensure comfort and proper function. Learn more about two of our denture treatment options below:
- Partial Dentures: Often referred to simply as “partials,” these dentures are removable and created for patients with at least one or more remaining tooth on the top and bottom jaws. Partials are a special type of dental bridge; the artificial teeth and gum-colored “plate” are supported by a metal framework that attaches to the existing tooth. Like dental bridge treatment, a crown on the existing tooth may be needed to add supplemental support for the denture’s metal framework.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are a removable option for patients who have lost all their teeth, or have had all their teeth extracted. A gum-colored plastic plate fits comfortably over the gums. Artificial teeth are attached to each plate and produce a realistic smile when in place. Most patients can eat and drink comfortably with dentures, while simply foregoing certain tough, crunchy, or sticky foods.
For some qualifying patients, Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss may also recommend implant-supported dentures as another treatment option. These are ideal for patients with minimal bone tissue loss in the jaw. Unlike conventional dentures that rest on the gums, implant-supported dentures attach to two dental implants. These dentures are a preferable treatment for patients who desire even more stability with their bite.
Caring for Your Dentures
Excellent hygiene when using dentures can keep your mouth healthy and maintain your dentures’ integrity for up to 10 years. Here are some quick tips for keeping your dentures clean:
- Clean your dentures nightly using a soft-bristled toothbrush and a non-abrasive cleanser. Be careful to handle your dentures carefully, as the plastic could warp or bend if excessive force is used.
- If possible, remove and rinse your dentures after eating to remove food particles.
- Soak dentures overnight in an over-the-counter denture-soaking solution. Remember, dentures must stay regularly moist to maintain their shape. However, be sure to thoroughly rinse the dentures with water before putting them back in your mouth.
- Keep regular dental appointments (at least twice a year, or as recommended). If your dentures become tight or loose, schedule an appointment to have them re-shaped. Ill-fitting dentures can hurt your gums or cause bleeding and infection.
Natural-Looking Dentures for Patients in Skokie, IL
Do not let tooth loss keep you from eating or talking confidently. At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, we have tooth replacement options that will work for you. Schedule your consultation with Dr. Abraham Stein or Dr. Zachary Weiss to discuss full or partial dentures.