Dental implants are an effective and long-term replacement for tooth loss. Once placed, dental implants function just like a natural tooth. The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry prioritizes the comfort and positive treatment experience of each of our patients. We use innovative techniques to ensure faster, more efficient treatment.
Restorative Dental Implants
Dental implants are tooth root restorations. Often placed after an extraction or following tooth loss, dental implants fill the gap in your jaw following the loss of a tooth. Made from titanium or a titanium alloy, dental implants are a safe and routine dental procedure. For over 30 years, dental implants have been effectively used to replace missing teeth and prevent bone tissue loss in the jaw.
Dental implants are typically paired with replacement crowns for full tooth replacement. Or, they may also be used to anchor dentures or bridges. Dr. Abraham Stein or Dr. Zachary Weiss will recommend your teeth replacement plan based on your individual needs and preferences.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are an effective, free-standing solution for restoring missing teeth. So many benefits accompany dental implant treatment. For example, dental implants can:
- Restore a full smile: Tooth loss can cause a gap in your smile. Dental implants are used with dental crowns to create a free-standing, natural-looking tooth replacement.
- Improve the health of your mouth: If tooth loss is untreated, your jaw bone can experience bone tissue loss and your remaining teeth can shift out of place. Dental implants maintain the integrity of your oral structure.
- Improve speaking abilities: Replacing a tooth, or several teeth, allows you to speak clearly after tooth loss.
- Improve comfort: Eating and drinking improves dramatically with dental implants, as they function just like a natural tooth. You can enjoy foods again that would otherwise be difficult to chew.
- Prevent bone loss: Your jaw functions best and maintains its strength when supported by tooth roots. Dental implants can be fully integrated into your jaw, just like a natural tooth, through a process called osseointegration. This takes place during the 4-6 months after an implant is placed.
- Provide long-lasting tooth replacement: Dental implants are permanent solutions for tooth loss and will last a lifetime when properly cared for with good dental hygiene.
Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss will consider several factors before recommending dental implants. Be sure to let our team know about any current health conditions or medications you may be taking, as these may affect your eligibility for dental implant placement. When assessing a patient’s ability to receive implants, Dr. Stein and Dr. Weiss examine the patient’s:
- Bone tissue: Adequate bone strength in the jaw is needed to support the implant. Tissue loss in the jaw can often be supplemented through a bone graft, a process where composite material is grafted to the jaw bone to strengthen existing natural tissues.
- Gum tissue: Periodontal disease must be treated before implants are placed to reduce the chance of infection spreading into the jaw.
- Overall health issues, including any continuing illnesses: Your body must be generally healthy in order to properly heal from an implant placement procedure.
Dental Implants for Your Smile
To discover if dental implant treatment may be right for you, contact The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry for a consultation. Your individual plan will based on your unique needs and goals for your healthy smile. Start your journey to a healthier, fuller smile today by calling us at (847) 676-3500.