Our Skokie, IL dental practice is proud to offer comprehensive cosmetic dentistry services. If you ever hide your smile because you’re unhappy with your teeth, it’s time to consider cosmetic smile solutions from Drs. Stein and Weiss at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry!
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry is a group of treatments focused on improving the appearance of a patient’s smile. Candidates for cosmetic dentistry must have healthy teeth and gums; any necessary restorative procedures must be completed before cosmetic treatments can begin.
There are so many benefits to receiving cosmetic dental solutions. Some of these include:
- Improved self-esteem: A whiter, straighter smile can help patients smile more easily and feel more confident in social situations.
- Improved oral health: Dental veneers, crowns, and bonding can support and protect weakened teeth and actually improve their strength and longevity. Dental implants will reduce bone loss in the jaw and help maintain the strength and position of surrounding teeth and gum tissue.
- Improved appearance: A more aesthetic, symmetrical smile is possible with procedures such as professional whitening, porcelain veneers and dental bonding. To see real results from our practice, visit our Smile Gallery.
- Improved function: Chipped teeth repaired through dental bonding or veneers can function better and reduce the risk of further chipping or other damage.
Our Cosmetic Treatments
Every smile is different, so our solutions are customized to fit your individual needs. Your personalized cosmetic dental treatment may include:
- Porcelain veneers: Veneers are thin pieces of medical-grade ceramic which cover the front teeth visible in your smile. Porcelain veneers are shaped and colored specifically for your unique smile. With proper care, they can last 10-15 years.
- Teeth whitening: Professional teeth whitening can whiten your smile better and faster than over-the-counter solutions. You can achieve a smile up to eight shades lighter with one of our at-home or in-office treatments.
- Porcelain dental crowns: A protective, natural-looking “cap” for your tooth, a porcelain crown will help maintain the integrity of a natural tooth that has been damaged from injury, infection, or trauma. Care and maintenance is simple, and is almost exactly the same as caring for a natural tooth. Once placed, these restorations can last a lifetime.
- Dental implants: When you lose a tooth from injury or infection, it’s important to not only restore the crown of the tooth, but the root as well. Dental implants are artificial, titanium tooth roots that integrate into your jaw’s bone tissue. Implants not only prevent bone loss in the jaw, but keep your existing teeth from shifting out of place after tooth loss.
- Dental bonding: Using the same material often used for composite fillings, Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss can cover several types of imperfections in teeth, such as chips, discoloration, fracture lines, or uneven spacing. Dental bonding is a more affordable alternative to porcelain veneers, but is not quite as durable or long-lasting as porcelain. With proper care, bonding should last up to 10 years.
Enhance Your Smile at The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry
At The Stein Center for Advanced Dentistry, our goal is to give you the smile of your dreams. If you’re ready to stop hiding your teeth and receive the natural, inviting smile you’ve always wanted, contact us today. Call us at (847) 676-3500 to schedule your cosmetic consultation with Dr. Stein or Dr. Weiss.